Trivandrum city is prone to flash-flood for several years. This area is in low lying area. Water comes from a high land area to this low lying area. There is a need to implement suitable mitigation measures.
The following proposals are put forward by Awake Trivandrum for consideration of authorities.
1. Drawings of drainage systems created by erstwhile Travancore State may be recovered, and used to revive old drainage systems.
2. Construct an underground sump at Ponnara park to collect excess water, ie. The quantity that cannot be carried by the Putharikandom canal.
3. Lay the main pumping to Killiyar.
4. Pumps may be set up at the pump house to be constructed over the pump.
5. Pumps need to be operated only during ﬂood season.
AMRUT scheme costing Rs 45.96 crore is nearly complete. Anantha Phase 2, under Smart City (Project No. 22) costing Rs 64.6 crore is yet to start.
Complete Anantha Phase 2 by March 2023
Smart City Thiruvananthapuram Limited (SCTL)
Local Self Government Department (LSGD)
M V Govindan Master
Adv. Antony Raj
V. K. Prasanth